Monday 3 April, 2006

Cubicle Slang and stuff

Haha awesome. Some nice modern Cubicle Slang... Thanks to Al Lowe's Humor Site.
 
Some nice samples:
 
404 - Someone who is clueless. From the Web error message, "404 Not Found," which means the document requested couldn't be located. "Don't bother asking John. He's 404."
 
Blamestorming - A group discussion of why a deadline was missed or a project failed and who was responsible.
 
Blowing Your Buffer - Losing one's train of thought. Occurs when the person you are speaking with won't let you get a word in edgewise or has just said something so astonishing that your train gets derailed. "Damn, I just blew my buffer!" (Synonym: "Head Crash")
 
Bookmark - To take note of a person for future reference. "After seeing his cool demo at Siggraph, I bookmarked him."
 
Dorito Syndrome - The feeling of emptiness and dissatisfaction triggered by addictive substances that lack nutritional content. "I just spent six hours surfing the Web, and now I've got a bad case of Dorito Syndrome."
 
Gray Matter - Older, experienced business people hired by young entrepreneurial firms trying to appear more professional and established.
 
More to follow in the coming days...
 
One a personal note.. We've got lot of 404's at work. We don't have blamestorming sessions. I occasionally do blow my buffer. I tend to bookmark people, places and things way too much. I also sometime suffer from the Dorito Syndrome and there is some grey matter at work.