Monday 27 March, 2006

Quotes for the day

 
Its amazing how reading something obscure on Wikipedia led me to these quotes and I just had to post them.
 
Today's Quotes:-
 
Say not, "I have found the path of the soul." Say rather, "I have found the soul walking upon my path." For the soul walks upon all paths.
 
Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth, follow only beauty, and obey only love.
 
The reality of the other person lies not in what he reveals to you, but what he cannot reveal to you. Therefore, if you would understand him, listen not to what he says, but rather to what he does not say
 
I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers.
 
 
All these wonderful quotes are by the poet and artist Khalil Gibran (1883 - 1931)